Friday, November 27, 2009

Hidden messages in junk DNA?

April 13th, 2005

From Scott Adams' Dilbert Newsletter #60:

Sometimes my brain ties together things that are better left alone. Here are three things I've thought about recently:

* Microchip designers often embed microscopic messages on the surface of the chip as a way of signing their work.
* DNA has a lot of "junk" parts that don't seem to have any function.
* A lot of people think evolution is obviously "designed" by someone.

I wonder if any cryptographers have looked at that junk DNA to see if it's a message from the designer. I'm guessing that it's a code that says something like, "I am Kaloopah, from the star system Nebulon IV. I have sent this evolution program into space as my eighth grade science project."

No comments:

Google Search Box

Custom Search